Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Nerdy Nails Issue 3: The Avengers!

I've come to the conclusion that drawing circle free-hand on my nails has become the bane of my nail art existence. Maybe I just wasn't in a good mind set for elaborate nail art this week, but my Nerdy Nails didn't turn out too good.






This week, I decided to tackle The Avengers! I've seen some good Avengers-themed nail art on the interwebs, and decided I wanted a piece of the action. I'll try to keep this less wordy than the last two, so I'll just post the character depicted and a list of what was used for each finger.



Thumb - Captain America: The She-Devil of the mani. The art on my thumb in these pics was my FOURTH attempt at this design. I just couldn't get it looking like it wasn't painted by a 4-year-old hyped on sugar while blindfolded. This was the best I could do with the circles, and I didn't want to tempt fate by removing this again, so I left it as is. Colours are Red Satin by China Glaze, Barry M Silver Foil, and Essence The Boy Next Door.

Index - Hulk: I kind of went for Hulk abs for this, as I was able to add in a bit of his purple trousers (although he didn't have purple pants in the movie, so I'm not sure why I went for that with this...ah well, too late now!). They didn't turn out too well, I blame my nail art brush being a bit too thick (but it's probably just me being too heavy-handed with it). Colours are High Line Green by NYC, Prince Street, also by NYC and China Glaze Liquid Leather for the black detail.



Middle - Iron Man: I think he turned out the best, but he still looks a bit shoddy. I think this was my third attempt at this one. Colours are Barry M Gold Foil, NYC Chelsea Cherry, China Glaze Liquid Leather for his mouth and Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream for his eyes.

Ring - Thor: I had a few ideas for Thor, most of them were centering around the chest panel of his costume from the movie, but seeing as I was having so much trouble with the rest of my nails, I decided on doing his hammer as it was much easier. Colours are China Glaze Red Satin, Barry M Silver Foil, Essence Wanna Say Hello, China Glaze Liquid Leather

Pinky - Avengers "A": I decided to go with the Avengers 'A' for my last nail, for handiness sake. colours are Essence The Boy Next Door, Barry M Silver Foil and China Glaze Liquid Leather.




I was pretty disappointed with my efforts here, I was so pumped for doing more elaborate manis after my success with the Supernatural ones. Ah well, I just have to take the failures with the successes and keep painting! Maybe in a few months (or years, lol), I can come back to this and see if I can improve them down the line.

I'm gonna keep my manis for the rest of the week simple; my next Nerdy Nails project is a huge love of mine, and I want to be at my best and do it justice (no trying for this one!)!!

Thanks for reading!

Ciao for now x

1 comment: