Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Maybelline Charged And Ready & L'Oreal Confetti swatches



Hello lovelies!

Today, I have a swatch of two polishes I have recently bought for myself. The first is from Maybelline's new Color Show range, and it’s a lovely acid green shimmer called Charged and Ready.




It’s a complete unique colour in my collection, and I wouldn't usually go for a shade like this, which is why I got it! I actually really like this one, it’s nice and bright and it has cheered me up in the recent snowy weather. You would get away with two thicker coats on this one, but as far as I can remember, I used three thin coats for the photos here.




These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to wear it again, and pair it with my second polish, and just got around to doing it this week. Here I have two thick coats of Charged And Ready, with L’Oreal’s Confetti topcoat on top. 




This is an awesome clear polish with black and white glitters in two sizes, along with some subtle blue-green shimmer. You can see the shimmer in the bottle if it hits the light at the right angle, but it wasn't very evident over CAR, because that one is so shimmery on it’s own. This is one coat, but my index and middle fingers have a few bald spots dabbed on with extra glitter, but it wasn't really necessary. I topped it all with my NYC/Essence Better Than Gel Nails combo.





I really like this combo, and I wore it for a few days. I’d advise on more than one coat of base coat under this green though, I had one coat here and my nails were like smoker's nails when I removed it! I really love the glitter; it’s cool to see a drugstore brand branching out with polishes we’d be more used to seeing from an indie brand, so I hope we get more of these in the future.

Thanks for reading!

Ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment