Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Glitter Gradient



Good day to all!

I hope everyone’s week is going well. I've been a bit haphazard with my posting this week – the downside to actually having things to do in the evenings this week! Normal service will resume after the weekend when my social calendar goes back to being empty as usual :p

Anywho, back to the nails (this is a nail blog after all). Today I’m trying out some new polishes I picked up last week from Essence. My lovely base green is two coats of Upper Green Side, a new shade from their Colour & Go range. Once that was dry, I applied the gradient with a new Essence glitter topper, Glitter On Me. I applied about three coats for the gradient using the bottle’s brush, and I think I applied either two or three full coats of the glitter to my accent nail. I topped it all with one coat of NYC Grand Central Station and one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails.






I really like these colours – I've had my eye on Upper Green Side for weeks, and the glitter is my first bar glitter polish, so I was well excited to finally own one!




The gradient could be better; I would usually use a make-up sponge when doing a glitter gradient (I followed this great gradient tutorial over on The Nailasaurus), but I was too lazy to break out my sponges, so I just used the brush from the bottle. I won’t be so lazy next time, my gradients look much better when they’re sponged on!

Thanks for reading!
Ciao for now x

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yeah, I love it too; I've had my eye on it for weeks, finally got around to buying it!

      Delete
  2. how nice! I love these! I am not sure I'd be able to make a glitter gradient ahah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Glitter gradients are actually not too hard to do, I find them easier than normal gradients. The tutorial I put a link to on the post is a good one to follow if you ever decide to try it out :)

      Delete