Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pastel Cloud


So, the withdrawal symptoms from my polish buying ban are really starting to kick in now (the Essence stands having lots of cool new shades is not helping at all!), so I’m starting to use at least two new polishes in each mani in an attempt to get the ban lifted as early as possible.

My friends got me a 5 piece UV nail polish set from W7 for my birthday (thanks guys!), so I seized the opportunity to use all 5 at once to put a huge dent in the untried list!




I spent a while trying to figure out how to use all 5 in the one paint job, but eventually remembered that I’d been dying to try out this cloud style manicure that I found on Nailside for ages, and thought that this would be a good way to use them all. I varied the colours on each finger, so each nail would have a different combination on them. My favourite nail is my thumb, followed by my middle finger. The colours used are: Hip Hop (Yellow), Disco (Peach), Clubbing (Pink), Dance (Blue), and Rave (Purple).


Please forgive the messiness around my cuticles, for some reason I did my clean up before topcoating this one, so my topcoat is all over my fingers! I topcoated with one coat of NYC Grand Central Station and one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails in case you were wondering.



Unfortunately, I didn’t have a UV light to try these under, so I’m not sure how good the glowy aspect of these polishes are, but hopefully I’ll get to use them again when I know I’ll be going out!

Thanks for reading!

Ciao for now x

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the colour combos, so summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Some of the combos didn't really work, and the yellow was very thin so wasn't great for layering, but I had fun experimenting with them :)

      Delete
  2. These are super pretty, lady - you have serious skills!

    ReplyDelete