Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Glitter Sandwich



Happy Sunday y’all!
I hope everyone’s had a nice weekend. Mine was pretty quiet, filled with food shopping and baking disasters! I attempted to bake these lovely brownies that my friend made during the week – they were sweet potato brownies, and they were delicious (they sound gross, but they really aren't!). Unfortunately, my attempt was miserable, and instead of lovely, spongy brownies I got a hard, dry slab of gack. Oh well, I can at least try them again (or just get my friend to make me some more! :p)

Anywinkle, onto the nails! Today, I have a lovely glitter sandwich and some accent stamping to show you. Glitter sandwiching, if you don’t know, is when you sandwich a layer of glitter polish between layers of another polish. This works best with jelly-finish polishes, as they are usually quite transparent after one coat, so you can see the glitter shine through.



You also get to see Mr Righty today too! This is because I kept smudging my glitter sandwich fingers on my Lefty, and the stamping on Righty is better too. Mr Dominant-Hand seemingly sabotaged my paint job to get his 5 minutes in the limelight, methinks! :p

The lovely red jelly I used for this is Chelsea Cherry from NYC’s Expert Last range. I applied two coats of this on all my nails, and when that was dry, I applied one dabbed coat of The Huntsman, a gold glitter topper from Essence’s Snow White collection, onto my index, middle and pinky fingers. Once that dried (after a few smudging disasters and an eventual coat of Seche Vite to dry the damn things), I applied one more coat of Chelsea Cherry on top. For my thumb and ring fingers, I decided to add a stamp for a bit of variety (and because I can’t leave well alone). I used a cute paw print stamp from Cheeky plate CH27, and stamped with Gold Save The Queen from Rimmel’s Metal Rush set. It wasn't a great polish to stamp with, in hindsight, but in the right light, it changes from a pinky gold, to a greeny one, and I imagine it could be more noticeable on a paler colour. It’s nice though, I’ll have to find another day to try it as a full background colour. I topped everything off with one coat of NYC Grand Central Station and one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails, to seal it all of and make it super shiny.



I wasn't really able to capture the glitter very well in the photos - I'm still trying to figure out the best way for taking my pictures, and the glitter was very subtle under the NYC red. It was a nice effect on the nail though, a nice flash of sparkle without being in your face. I really liked it.



Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my weekend; I have a nail job in mind, and I'm excited to try it out, even though it's the hardest one I've done so far, and I'm pretty sure it'll be as disastrous as my brownies!

Thanks for reading!

Ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment